Working for Berkshire Healthcare
Please browse our available job vacancies from the categories below.
- Band 5
- 37.5 hours – part time considered
- £22,128 to £28,746 per annum, plus enhancements
- 25/02/2018 23:59
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Please find attached the behaviour framework that underpins these values for this job role.
Would you like an opportunity to grow your career, while helping to develop our hospital as a Centre of Excellence?
Whether you are newly qualified or an experienced Staff Nurse or perhaps are looking to return to more regular work, if you share our core values and enjoy working in this challenging and rewarding MH inpatient environment we can provide you with excellent opportunities to develop your clinical and leadership skills and to contribute to development of services, helping us to progress from our CQC rating of ‘Good’ to one of ‘Outstanding’.
We pride ourselves on our ability to work as a team, our passion and dedication to help people, our quick resolution of difficult situations, the quality of care we provide to our service users, the positive feedback from our service users and families/friends and our ability to grow and learn as a team.
We are keen to develop and grow staff within Prospect Park and offer a fantastic range of development opportunities and pathways to staff who want to progress within the NHS.
Due to the career progression of a number of our staff nurses, we can offer opportunities in adult, older adult or PICU services together with our new POS team.
• We work early, late and night shifts and, following feedback from staff, are now introducing optional longs day shifts across all our wards.
• Our service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round therefore we are looking for people who are able to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.
• We can also consider part time hours, depending on the needs of the service.
We can offer you
• Comprehensive induction and excellent preceptorship, training and professional development opportunities including close links with Oxford Brookes University, Reading Universities and the Charlie Waller Institute and the University of West London
• Negotiable relocation expenses for qualifying staff
• Between 27 - 33 days annual leave pro rata plus bank holidays (depending on length of qualifying service)
• Use of hospital gym for hospital staff
• Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, car scheme and Childcare voucher scheme
• Access to local workplace nurseries offering discounted rates and priority places for our staff.
• Free onsite Parking and excellent public transport links
• NHS pension scheme membership and Agenda for Change terms and conditions including generous maternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
• On site Staff restaurant
• A wide range of NHS discounts including high street shops and restaurants
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0118 2077 638