Working for Berkshire Healthcare
Please browse our available job vacancies from the categories below.
- Heart Care Support Team
- Band 6
- 37.5 hours a week
- Heart Care Support Team - Adult Services
- £26,565 to £35,577 per annum
- 25/02/2018 23:59
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Please find attached the behaviour framework that underpins these values for this job role.
ADVERT FOR BAND 6 COMMUNITY HEART FAILURE NURSE SPECIALIST
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Community Heart Failure Nurse Specialist to join our friendly, busy yet rewarding team.
This is a Specialist Practitioner post which enables the individual to be responsible for ensuring high quality, evidence based care for patients with the diagnosis of Heart Failure, their families and carers in the community. The post holder will also manage patients within the nurse led heart failure clinic. The service is provided across Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust.
The post holder will:
- Exercise high levels of judgement, discretion and decision making in clinical care
- Take responsibility for case management of patients with heart failure in community settings.
- Make differential diagnosis within level of competence
- Plan and provide treatment in collaboration with others as appropriate
- Titrate heart failure medications in accordance with the NICE guidelines
The post holder will also have the excellent opportunity to undertake the heart failure masters module and Palliative care module at the Glasgow Caledonian University and undertake the independent nurse prescriber’s course after a year in post. The post holder will also have the opportunity to become a member of the British Heart Foundation and the Heart Failure Society and access the benefits including conferences.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Katy Beckford, telephone 01184672891, email Katy.Beckford@berkshire.nhs.uk
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0118 2077643