Working for Berkshire Healthcare
Please browse our available job vacancies from the categories below.
- District Nursing
- Band 6
- 37.5 hours per week
- Berkshire wide - multiple sites
- £28,050 to £36,644 per annum
- 20/01/2019 23:59
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Please find attached the behaviour framework that underpins these values for this job role.
Specialist Community Practitioner (District Nursing) – Roles across Berkshire
If you’re reading this ad, you’re likely to be currently working as a District Nurse or be a District Nurse in training, now ready to put those leadership and management skills into practice!
You will play an integral part in developing the district nursing service across Berkshire with career development opportunities.
About the role:
With your SP qualification you will
- You will assess and plan high quality care for complex patients including End of Life care, Complex wound management and complex long term conditions.
- You will manage a dynamic team of community sisters/charge nurses, band 5 staff nurses and health care practitioners, nurturing, empowering and developing them to become strong community nurses or district nurses.
- You will have a good awareness of the wider MDT working relationships required to ensure patients receive the most appropriate timely high quality care.
- Full time (37.5 hours per week) and part time opportunities available
- Shift times vary across Berkshire
We have vacancies in the following localities which also cover the areas stated:
- Bracknell - Ascot, Sandhurst and Crowthorne
- Maidenhead – Coockham, Hollyport, Bray, Fifield, Twyford
- Newbury – Thatcham, Chieveley ,Compton, Chapel Row, Kintbury ,Woolton Hill,Hungerford and Lambourn
- Reading - Reading centre, Caversham, Tilehurst (Potteries, Groveland, Western Elms, Circuit lane), Burghfield, Pangbourne, Theale.
- Slough - Colnbrook, Langley, Britwell and Cippenham.
- Windsor - Dedworth, Eton, Eton Wick, Datchet, Wraysbury, Old Windsor and Englefield Green, Runnymede.
- Wokingham – Woodley, Earley, Lower Earley, Shinfield, Swallowfield, Arborfield, Three Mile Cross, Twyford, Wargrave, Knowle Hill, Waltham St Lawrence, Finchampstead, Crowthorne, Eversley, Winnersh, Hurst
If you are not already familiar with Berkshire, it’s worth noting that it possesses some of the UK’s most stunning rural countryside’s, whilst offering a wide range of shopping destinations, local pubs and the finest dining venues.
With transport links to London and Heathrow and excellent motorway links, you’ll find yourself situated perfectly.
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- AfC Salary ranging from £28,050 to £36,644 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work life balance.
- Annual leave – 27 days for new starters, 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car.
- Lease car scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent staff support and advice.
- Child care vouchers
- And so much more
The 4 “must haves” for you to be considered for this role
- Specialist community practitioner qualification (District Nursing)
- A passion for community nursing, that matches our passion to provide excellent healthcare for our patients within the comfort of their homes
- Adult nursing qualification along with NMC registration
- A full UK Driving Licence and have use of a car for work purposes
Should you match up to the 4 points listed above, then we would recommend you make your application to work at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further details about this role or questions in general about working for Berkshire Healthcare please contact Diane Owen on 07876352419 or via email at Diane.Owen@berkshire.nhs.uk
If you have problems applying, contact